Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2019, 16:05:05 EET 
Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register

+  VETURI Guildhouse.net's Message boards
|-+  The History: mostly inactive
| |-+  EverQuest Talk (Moderator: Tirrimuna)
| | |-+  Hello!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 2954 times)
Spooner
novelist

You have slain Jagg!

« on: June 28, 2003, 18:37:09 »

Okay, I'm sure you've all been wondering where your beloved Spooner is.  In my dreams at night, I can see lime green text flooding every last Veturi-affiliated computer at night, screaming, "Where is Spooner?!  Where could he be!?  We NEED him!"

Well, fear not.  I've come to put your minds at ease.  Spooner is not dead.

My mum decided to move back to my home province, that of Newfoundland, a lil' hick province, and I didn't wanna go.  But at the last minute, I realized that if I didn't, I would die homeless on the streets -- so, here I am, typing this message to you all from a fishing outport.

It looks nice, but I loved Toronto.  Yeah yeah, you're saying, "But Spooner!  T.O had SARS!"  That ain't no thang.  It was mad overhyped.  And once you're used to living in an urban centre, you can't move back to a small town!

Case in point.  Yesterday, a cute girl visited my aunt's house, where I'm staying.  Could I act on that immediately, and start chopping?  NO!  My family is huge!  How could I be sure she wasn't my cousin!?  I had to take precautions.  Luckily, she isn't.  But still, she has an insane accent.  Mad hick.  But again, she's cute.  And not my cousin.  See, these are things you don't have to worry about in the big city.

Now all that's left is for me to find a job, and I can return to EQ.  Believe it or not, they have cable internet in the city I'm moving to.  Whew!

Thing is, there's NO WORK!  The only job I can possibly see myself getting is that of professional typesetter.  But that requires knowledge of... QuarkXPress, or some shit, a program I've never even heard of.  Also uses Photoshop and Illustrator, though, and I ain't half-bad with those.  And fuck, what does a typesetter do, anyway?

Oh yeah, and cigarettes are $10.18 a pack here, as opposed to the $7.50 I'm used to paying.  What kind of a price is $10.18, anyway?  Oi muchacho!

Okay, this computer is on dial-up, so I'se gotta go.  Keep on wipin', guys!

Sisevki
poemist

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2003, 00:33:18 »

Spooner to stop smoking!  Roll Eyes

I miss youuuu. I hope you come back soon.  Kiss from Sis.

~~~
Sisevki Pyttesvans lvl65 Coercer (Magelo profile)
Sisevkii Pyttesvans lvl65 Feral Lord (Magelo profile)
~~~
Proud member of Veturi
and of course Clan Pytte!
RavinSith
board n00b

Your True King

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2003, 08:16:57 »

Heya bro!  Get back soon.  I know, gettin' a job sucks!  It's a LOT harder than it use to be....  /sigh.  You ARE missed, bro.

Your True King,

RavinSith Death`Spreader
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=688417
Canardian
writer of chronicles

Fire Mage

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2003, 13:04:53 »

But Girls with some huge accent are the cutest!
And later on when you marry her and she nags on you, you can always say, "What my dear? I didn't understand a word!"

-LOTRO - Vigg - 16 Dwarf Guardian, EVE - Imperaattori - Raven / Lvl 4 mis, WoW - Lumooja - 70 UD Mage (Fire Spec), WoW - Hoitsu 42 UD Priest (Holy Spec), Saalistaja - 30 Orc Hunter (Beast Spec), EQ - Lumooja - 70 Enc, EQ - Papitar - 56 Clr, EQ2 - Lumooja - 20 Wiz, SWG - Lumooja - Bounty Hunter, AO - Robotti - 86 Eng, AO - Hoitsu - 110 Doctor, DAoC - Lumooja - 12 RM
Koriztaja
writer of chronicles

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2003, 16:07:35 »

Quark isnt that bad, trust me. You can manage most of it in bare week. Especailly if you had some experience with Pagemaker or Similar.

I remember when i first touched Quark after doing stoopid Newspapers in Pagemaker. I was like Pheww. And i did my first layout in half time i used to do in PM.

Quark is all about text boxes and Paragraph styles. Nothing fancy. Plain stupid simple. And even with prepress you have much less margin for errors. Go for it!

Get a pirate copy and play with it like week ant voilaa. :=)

|~VG~Syda~Bloodmage~|~DAoC~Noiamoor~|~WoW~Estrangia~|
|~EQ~Koriztaja~|~EQ2~Sahiir~|
Sarago
novelist

Forest Stalker

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2003, 23:22:13 »

spooner ur crazy Smiley

Honeylove
90 Disc/Shadowpriest
World of Warcraft EU/Killrog
------------------------
Achilles