Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2019, 16:26:36 EET 
Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register

+  VETURI Guildhouse.net's Message boards
|-+  The History: mostly inactive
| |-+  EverQuest Talk (Moderator: Tirrimuna)
| | |-+  I regret to Inform you...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I regret to Inform you...  (Read 2905 times)
RavinSith
board n00b

Your True King

« on: July 06, 2003, 17:49:05 »

I'm sorry everyone, but I have taken my Leave of Veturi.  I like the guild.  But, Veturi Today, isn't the Guild that I joined back then.  We use to do things all the time.  Now, we don't.  Simple as that.  I would still like to remain friends with all of you.  I sincerely Hope that there are NO Hard Feelings towards me.  I met some WONDERFUL people in this guild.  And hope they remain friends of mine.  But for now, I bid you Farewell.  Aluve, Everyone.  I'll see you around.  And I wish the Guild Good Luck in it's Endevours.

Your True King,

RavinSith Death`Spreader
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=688417
ArchAngel
board n00b

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2003, 23:02:13 »

The reason that veturi doesn't do much now is that veturi was run by a group of nice, hard working, small group of hardcore players known as the council.

Now they have left due to frustration and lack of respect- either to VS, or like myself, given up on EQ.

I have seen it before in veturi, now it has happened again.

Back then I had a choice.  I could abandon the guild and perhaps join a better one.  However, I chose to help out and become one of the cogs in this guild for reform.  And reform we did to became a definate contender.

I'm not saying that you should all follow my example.  But take it from me, if you want good things from this guild you have to work for it and don't expect a free ride.

Canardian
writer of chronicles

Fire Mage

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2003, 23:45:05 »

We don't do much, because people don't play, and people don't play, because we don't do much.
I tried to arrange some action, useful action too, last week as we did some raid every day. Maybe we do the same next week, but it seems to me people get also tired of too much raiding, and they want to exp between raidings.
What we need is more activeness and commitment from the players, some high end guilds demand that you play at least 3 days a week, maybe that's what we should do too.
For example TMO requires you to be 4-5 days minimum online for the whole duration of the raid. Of course we are not a raiding guild as they are, but we should still be able to raid now and then, and get somekind of condition to make people be more online.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2003, 23:55:24 by Lumooja » Logged

-LOTRO - Vigg - 16 Dwarf Guardian, EVE - Imperaattori - Raven / Lvl 4 mis, WoW - Lumooja - 70 UD Mage (Fire Spec), WoW - Hoitsu 42 UD Priest (Holy Spec), Saalistaja - 30 Orc Hunter (Beast Spec), EQ - Lumooja - 70 Enc, EQ - Papitar - 56 Clr, EQ2 - Lumooja - 20 Wiz, SWG - Lumooja - Bounty Hunter, AO - Robotti - 86 Eng, AO - Hoitsu - 110 Doctor, DAoC - Lumooja - 12 RM
Klistan
novelist

Lemon Curry?

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2003, 03:33:03 »

Hi, here is my 2 cents, whatever it is worth.

First your "chicken and the egg" theory Lumoo is pretty much right on.

"We don't do much, because people don't play, and people don't play, because we don't do much."

When I joined Veturi, we were a pretty big contender, with lots of peeps playing online, which increased the chances we would be raiding somewhere at some point.  Something happened about 6-8 weeks ago where when the vote failed to pick up guild and move servers, people who wanted to move servers just picked up and left anyways.  Unfortunately, this split the guild and has made it harder for everyone still left to keep things going the way they were.  Simple fact is, things can't and won't be the way they were until Veturi can build up again its dedicated member player base.  Players predominantly in the Euro playing time-zone, players who play often in that time-zone, and players who concentrate on developing their mains.

People have their own agendas/needs and expectations about playing this game in their real life spare time.  So it's no suprise when people announce their departure.  I honestly feel that this guild is a good European time-zone guild with potential.  I wish you luck Ravin. Hope to run into you again.

Peace

Klistan's Skills | 200 Fletching | 197 Baking | 191 Jewelcraft | 175 Brewing | 164 Pottery | 165 Tailoring | 118 Spell Research | 175 Smithing | 119 Fishing |
MAGELO PROFILE   ALLAKHAZAM PROFILE
Sarago
novelist

Forest Stalker

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2003, 08:41:43 »

problem here is not everyone in guild has the same objective.. you've got those who consider eq nothing more than a fancy chat program where u can meet friends every night.. those who love to do tradeskills whenever they log on.. those who just log on once per week and are content with doing some exp for 1 or 2 hours.. and then those who play the game hardcore and want to beat everything in eq Smiley.. u cannot mix the last type of player with the previous ones.. they will always get frustraded and eventually leave.

Honeylove
90 Disc/Shadowpriest
World of Warcraft EU/Killrog
------------------------
Achilles
18 Ranger
VanGuard
------------------------
Saraga
70 Dirge
Everquest 2
------------------------
Sarago
203/7 Soldier
Anarchy Onli
RavinSith
board n00b

Your True King

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2003, 17:32:30 »

Well, It's not that I'm the HARDCORE gamer that wants to kill EVERYTHING....  Although that would be cool.  It's just that as of late, I log on, and there's nothing going on.  I know the Time Frame I play is different than you guys.  Especially since I'm starting back to work.  I just figured, that This would be the time That I took my Leave.  Once again, I leave with no hard feelings, and hope that there are none towards me.  I respect you all VERY much, and wish to stay friends.  And I sincerely hope to see you all around and hunt with ya.

Your True King,

RavinSith Death`Spreader
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=688417
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length