Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2019, 15:51:15 EET 
Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register

+  VETURI Guildhouse.net's Message boards
|-+  The History: mostly inactive
| |-+  EverQuest Talk (Moderator: Tirrimuna)
| | |-+  Veturi Progress
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Veturi Progress  (Read 3211 times)
Canardian
writer of chronicles

Fire Mage

« on: September 06, 2004, 15:56:14 »

Veturi, nowadays a secret underground organization within the Amenta guild on Venril Sathir, has made quite some progress since we left Fennin Ro.

Currently Plane of Time is getting less and less interesting, although we still do it regularly for the time being.

Our newest achievement is the entrance to Txevu, the 2nd highest zone in the Gates of Discord expansion (which is the newest expansion, before Omens of War comes out in a few months).

The guild is doing well with about 90 players, and we are recruiting more, as not everyone is always online.

Check out http://www.amenta.org for more information.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 03:47:33 by Lumooja » Logged

-LOTRO - Vigg - 16 Dwarf Guardian, EVE - Imperaattori - Raven / Lvl 4 mis, WoW - Lumooja - 70 UD Mage (Fire Spec), WoW - Hoitsu 42 UD Priest (Holy Spec), Saalistaja - 30 Orc Hunter (Beast Spec), EQ - Lumooja - 70 Enc, EQ - Papitar - 56 Clr, EQ2 - Lumooja - 20 Wiz, SWG - Lumooja - Bounty Hunter, AO - Robotti - 86 Eng, AO - Hoitsu - 110 Doctor, DAoC - Lumooja - 12 RM
natraz
WoW Officer
writer of chronicles

Vittuuks täs!

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 08:44:20 »

absolutely no sense in any of those items anymore. they just double the amount of stats in items in every expansion it seems.

Natraz 69 Mage AE jyrä specci Ravencrest
Zartan 70 Priest Holy/Disc
-Genuine leather - Genuiinin nahkaa -
Sex is only thing, where satisfying is better grade than excellent
Kaarmekieli
writer of chronicles

Silmä silmästä!

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 12:44:26 »

Partly agree with Nat...For highest-end players old content is so trivial that you cant believe...Now that level cap is 70, mobs like Kunark dragons become soloable (for some classes they already are I think) for certain classes...Not to mention what duos can do at the old world Smiley First time I did Rumblecrush was duo with Dalteus 2 month ago or so...heh

Even once to tempting Plane of Time is not our guild's weekly raid target anymore due the items there are not upgrades to players like Amenta has...heh.

However, newest expansions have introduced lots of new features (familiar from other games) to raiding etc. that the fact that 95% of the game content have obsolited for high-end players is not that big problem...Its still best game available currently for my needs Smiley

- Kaarme

~ Currently active in WoW/Ravencrest as Murha
Hemet
Guildmember: Darkfall
melee healer
writer of chronicles

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 00:16:27 »

In a way, introducing "higher stat items & more power through levels" is actually great, in my opinion...if it is done in the old EQ way, not in the "DAoC-way" where you just absolutely lose all interest to everything that was once great.

Of course there's always going to be the moment when old equipment actually does come obsolete, but given a long, long "grace period" this will only motivate players; in a kind of a "been there, done that" -way.

DAoC just happened to go totally wrong with its design for expansions. They just couldn't "resist" (or someone wasn't briefed enough) not to make everything else useless/obsolete right away (to the powergamer's/minmaxer's view). I think EQ succeeded better in this (when I played). It kept the interest up.

Now playing: As Vahearun on Darkfall: Unholy Wars. Other nicknames from the past: Raphael, Hemet.

BAT/UO/EQ/AO/SB/DAoC/EQ2/WoW/EVE/LotRO/AoC/WAR/DF/..
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length