Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 24, 2020, 23:46:58 EET 
Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register

+  VETURI Guildhouse.net's Message boards
|-+  Not playing anything? General topics? A new game? Discuss here!
| |-+  General gaming discussions
| | |-+  Quess which MMO
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Quess which MMO  (Read 3423 times)
Welyathan
« on: October 26, 2004, 17:52:42 »

Part of a experience system of a MMO, do you know which one?

"Every week (or cycle) the head of an organization develops a mission plan that directs the activities of the whole organization for that cycle. This mission plan contains five individual missions, each one of which is often a very complex, multilayered activity. Missions have a priority from 1 (highest) to 3 (lowest), and describe in detail what the objectives and the time frame for completion are.

The tactics for achieving these objectives, however, is the province of those assigned the task of implementing them. Tactics involve such things as the number of units assigned to the task, how well the primary and secondary objectives are coordinated, the concern taken to prevent team as well as citizen casualties, etc. Although successfully completing a mission is essential, each leader is also scored on the effectiveness of their tactics. The score you receive for completing a mission affects the amount of XP you receive for that assignment, which in turn affects your promotion possibilies and priority. Doing a super job on your missions then, is the key to rocketing your way up the hierachy."

Welyathan
Kaarmekieli
writer of chronicles

Silmä silmästä!

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 08:40:30 »

This could be directive for US Army in Iraq Smiley

- Kaarme

~ Currently active in WoW/Ravencrest as Murha
Naakka
Guildmember: Darkfall
writer of chronicles

Shit Lord

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 08:45:47 »

Just a wild guess: Outpost?
Welyathan
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 08:51:22 »

This could be directive for US Army in Iraq Smiley

- Kaarme

Good one lizard, it could but it is not.

I got into this beta 2 months ago, but did not have time to try it out  until last night when I downloaded the client. After installation the servers were down of course.

Welyathan
Masklin
WoW Officer
writer of chronicles

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 08:52:20 »

too easy to cheat with google :p

but never heard of that game before.
Naakka
writer of chronicles

Shit Lord

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 08:55:19 »

Well what is it?
Naakka
writer of chronicles

Shit Lord

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 08:56:13 »

Ah ok, I did the google xiit too Wink
Welyathan
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 09:57:59 »

Those who played or tried Neocron will get a feeling of dejavu when looking at the screenshots. The game is Face of Mankind. Cant say more before I play it a little, but I dont think it will rock my world even though it has shooting and mining.
http://www.fomportal.com/

Welyathan
Jermu
author

~13th Warrior

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2005, 15:23:21 »

Open beta starts:

Developers announce start of Open Beta

Frankfurt, Germany, 27th December 2004 - Duplex Systems and Ojom GmbH are pleased to announce that the Face of Mankind beta test will open to the public by the 28th January 2005. Face of Mankind is a futuristic multiplayer online game featuring real-time combat and true roleplaying, set against a cinematic ongoing storyline. Anyone wishing to participate will be able to create a free Face of Mankind account and join in the testing process as the full release gets closer.
During the intervening time, the amount of participants in the closed beta will be increased in several stages as preparation for this important part of testing.

http://www.fomportal.com/

Welyathan
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2005, 15:39:06 »

I have beta account. Played this for whooping 1 hour month or two ago and that was it for me. I did not find anyone else in there and I think there was no NPCs either, so I got bored quickly interacting with mission terminal that gave missions that required other people to team up with you. Could have been that no one else was playing it in the evening at 8 pm and sure its not finished product, but nevertheless I did not find running around through empty corridors in an empty world very appealing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length