Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. August 13, 2020, 18:53:58 EET 
Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register

+  VETURI Guildhouse.net's Message boards
|-+  The History: mostly inactive
| |-+  EverQuest Talk (Moderator: Tirrimuna)
| | |-+  The other trials
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: The other trials  (Read 4719 times)
Castaa
novelist

I came. I saw. I evac'ed.

« on: December 11, 2002, 02:36:06 »

The other PoJ trials

There are some good drops in those trials as well.  Might be worth trying.  I have heard rumor there is a quest for all 6 marks for the 6 trials.

Post here if you interesting in trying and which trial you'd like to help with.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2002, 02:41:29 by Castaa » Logged

|  Castaa  |  65 - Wizard  |  Vibria  |  48 - Bard  |
Jerkku
writer of chronicles

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 08:52:49 »

Heya

Betty is still missing lvl 61 "DPS upgrade" spells, so I am afraid that I cannot contribute enough in Exe trial yet. But if you can find me useful in other trials, count me in.

- J
Kaarmekieli
writer of chronicles

Silmä silmästä!

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2002, 08:53:36 »

ACtually I asked in PoV yesterday whether anyone in my pickup group had done any other...Well the answer was pretty much "no", but I got the impression that "Hanging" and "Lashing" are second less hardest trials.

~ Currently active in WoW/Ravencrest as Murha
Ielenya
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2002, 09:48:50 »

The other PoJ trials

There are some good drops in those trials as well.  Might be worth trying.  I have heard rumor there is a quest for all 6 marks for the 6 trials.

Post here if you interesting in trying and which trial you'd like to help with.

The quest is to get all marks for access to the 7th hammer
Castaa
novelist

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2002, 21:14:50 »

Yes.  I know the others are hard to very hard but it would be cool to keep trying until we figure it out.  Even if we fail there still are rare drops and parchments we can still attain.

Tirrimuna
writer of chronicles

Respect my authoritha!

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2002, 21:56:44 »

I'm in for trying the other trials.

<EQ: Retired> <EQ2: Retired> <WoW: Retired> <EVE: Retired> <RL: Active>
Where do you want to wipe today?
Talem
WoW Officer
writer of chronicles

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2002, 04:19:33 »

As soon as I get my critics, sure Tongue And some spells .. and .. maby 65 .. oh well.. sure.. anyways, I got 3 weeks vacation from today.. Cheesy So I got time Smiley
Castaa
novelist

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2002, 02:39:16 »

Well better hurry it up then Talem!   Cool
« Last Edit: December 14, 2002, 00:49:42 by Castaa » Logged

Castaa
novelist

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2003, 01:21:40 »

Taken from Graffe's about the other trials:

Disclaimer: I'm writing this because I'm merely bored at work when I should be working. And I consider trials not a "Uber Mob" with "Uber Loot". So I feel discussing tactics, strategies, and methods with Intelligent people, in an intelligent manner is a enjoyable discussion.

I also do not get alot of time to work on these trials, because I am daily leading my guild on other endeavours which leaves little time to work on trials.

I will be going over each Trial as best as I know it. Currently, I have not attempted Trial of Stoning nor Trial of Torture. The rest I have done and completed 3 of the 4 other trials.

My background:
I am a Guild Leader of a large guild on the Rodcet Nife server, which is currently at the point of attempting Emperor (63% last try) and only partially into Planes of Power due to spending time in Luclin. Most of the groups I use on trials are now all level 65 due to that being the average level of my guild now for the most part. I do have Strike of Solusek and Destruction of Ice and the only Lv65 Focus item(s) I use for Trials are merely the Mage Bracer (dmg) and Mage Ring (spell haste). With Cleric haste buffs and Ice`Flame of E'ci.

So on SoS I am able to get to get a Maximum Damage increase of 20% and the casting time down to a minimum of 6.0 (from 8.0). Haste is achieved from gaining 15% haste off the Mage Ring and an addition 10% haste from the Cleric spell Blessing of Reverence, for a total of 25% haste. I have SCFM3, in which I perform a decent crit rate and have had a crit of 6028ish on SoS.

On Ice Spear and Destruction of Ice I am able to attain the Maximum Damage increase of 50% via the Mage Bracer which adds 20% and Iceflame which adds 30% for a total of 50%. With the similar 25% haste from above, the DPS from both Ice Spells are exceptionally high. With a max crit of 3000.

The General group will have Voice of Quellious, Hand of Virtue (group), and a guild shaman will usually come to provide Shaman buffs as well as a paladin.

All Trials have a series of 4 waves that arrive in different fashions. The last wave is always followed by a boss of some type, but most bosses are very similar.

I will start with the Trial of Execution, because it is the most common trial done.

The average group makeup that I would bring to the trials is as follows. Which I design for Maximum DPS. Although, a few of these trials can be done before level 65, dps is even more essential with lower levels.

65 Cleric (a good Druid is possible with the 64 5k heal available)
65 Warrior/Paladin/Shadow Knight (Warrior preferred, but tank necessary)
65 Rogue/Ranger/Monk/Bard
65 Enchanter (or a shaman in some cases)
65 Magician
65 Wizard

-----------------------------------------------
Trial of Execution
General Description: Each wave begins by 4 mobs spawning. These mobs do not hit very hard and have around an average of 8000hp. You have approximately 30 seconds to kill each mob. If you are unable to kill a mob within the 30 second time frame, the Executioner whom walks towards the prisoner will slay the prisoner and you will have failed.

There are 2 Types of mobs in this encounter. One is a Razorfiend type mob which is Mezzable fairly easy by Enchanters. The other is a Rockfiend type mob which is unmezzable and is usually in the form of a Shaman or Chanter. So high MR is preferred in this trial.

Tactics:
* Positioning: The best position for the group I have found is at the back of the trial to the left or right of the wooden platform. The Main Tank of the group should stand out in front of the rest of the group while waiting for a round to pop.
* Engagement: When a round pops, the tank should be the first to run out to a target of the tanks choosing. As the tank runs out to engage the mobs, usually all mobs should aggro fairly quickly on the tank. NOTE: Since Rocks are unmezzable and can slow/mez your party, it is BEST to always engage them first.
* Follow-up: Your party should follow the tank to where he is engaged with the mob. The chanter (if one) should begin by mezzing additional razorfiend mobs. If the group has a shaman, they should use a AoE slow to slow the additional mobs and minimuze damage to the group. Focus on each mob one at a time and never switch. If the other 3 mobs jump your cleric you have done something wrong. You have 30 seconds to kill each mob and reset the executioner.

Always remain within melee range of the mob your warrior is engaged with if possible. If you draw aggro, this will avoid the mob running to another side of the room and you losing 5ish seconds of DPS due to the tanks running around following it.
* End of a round: You will have around 30 seconds of time between each round. Med shortly, top off any needed heals. But try to be standing when the next wave spawns to avoid drawing instant aggro.

* Boss: As soon as the 4th mob of the 4th Wave dies the Boss mob will spawn on top of the wood plat form. This boss as a AE called Armor Break which decreases your AC by 270. This causes the boss to hit his max damage more often each hit. The boss Double hits for 720 and Rampages from time to time. Be sure your Tank is topped off on health BEFORE the last mob dies. This provides maximum time before your healer needs to heal your tank and prevents the boss from beating your cleric into a pulp early in the fight. The boss is usually trivial on a Defensive warrior when performed correctly.

Trial of Lashing
General Description: After going back now, I have discovered and believe that this trial is actually easier then the Trial of Execution. You do have more time for each wave and you are also not penalized by having a time limit to kill each mob. Just as long as you clear the mobs of each wave before the next one starts, this is a very easy trial.

The waves are very similar to that of Execution, as in all 4 mobs spawn with each wave. There are both Rockfiend and Razorfiend type mobs in this encounter, although all of them are mezzable. Some may have slightly higher MR then others, but otherwise they are all mezzable. Generally, all mobs hit for a max of 380.

About 45 seconds into each wave a 5th Untargetable mob spawns called the Scourge of Honor. This mob flurries and hits for around 280ish. And can only be killed by killing it's powersources that pop in the adjoining rooms.

Tactics:
* Position: Like Lashing, we choose to use a back corner with the tank out front, although the room is smaller, the tactic works fairly well.
* Engagement: When the mobs spawn, have your Main tank run out and grab aggro as best as possible and engage one. Your enchanter should focus on mezzing any mob that didn't aggro first and is beating on a Prisoner. Then mez any additional mobs. Some enchanters recommend using AE Tash followed by AE Mez. Then using a single target mez after that, which does overwrite the AE mez.
* Follow up: DPS is fairly essential in this encounter, although you have more time. My group was usually able to kill atleast 1 mob and have a 2nd mob fairely hurt before the Scourge of Honor spawns. These mobs have similar HP to Execution mobs, they just hit harder.
* Scourge Tactics: As soon as the Scourge spawns it's best to send 2 high dps members of the group to each side room to quickly kill the power sources. Most of the time this is all that is needed to despawn the scourge, sometimes a 3RD power source spawns in the center room which is up a few flights of stairs. So if he does not spawn after killing the 2 side power sources, be sure to run up and kill the 3rd quickly.
* Follow Up: After the scourge is despawned, finish up killing the rest of the mobs off in the round then wait for the next round to start. My group, while very high dps, seemed to have atleast a minute of time left after we killed the last mob. Which was way more then enough.

* Boss: The boss mob spawns during the 4th round AS SOON as the Scourge of Honor is killed. My group decided to wait slightly longer in the round to despawn the scourge so we didn't have 3 mobs in camp with the boss. The mobs of each wave are CHARMABLE as well by a chanter. Which is great for adding additional DPS.

I am unaware what the AE (if it wasn't just single) of this boss mob does. But this boss was extremely easy to defeat, way more so then the execution boss. As our warrior put it, "This guy is a weakling"

Trial of Hanging
General Description: This is a fast and intense trial, but not overly difficult to complete. This trial as the others, relies very very heavily on DPS. The waves of this trial perform slightly differently then the waves of the previous 2 trials explained.

The first wave is spawned shortly after entering the trial, each wave only spawns 3 mobs instead of 4. 1 Mob is called the Spirit of Suffication and there are 2 others that spawn. The other 2 mobs are either a Razorfiend type mob, which is unmezzable and unrootable as well. The razorfiend type mob also procs a spinstun fairly often, which is quite annoying. The other type of mob that spawns is called a Breathless Void (I think) and it is generally a enchanter type mob, but looks like a naked human. It is easily mezzable and should be because it can slow, mez, and charm members of your group.

Tactics:
* Position: Any corner is fine, I still prefer back corners like the other trials.
* Engagement: ALWAYS engage the Spirit of Suffocation first. You only have 45 seconds to kill the Spirit before the Prisoners die. On this mob I would always open with Strike of Solusek as well as the mage opening with his biggest spell. Crits own this guy.
* Follow-Up: Once the Spirit is dead, you have 30 seconds until a 2nd Spirit spawns. During this time you can kill off very quickly, one of the addition mobs that popped. Preferrably the Razorfiends first. When the next spirit spawns, you again have only 45 seconds to kill it before the prisoners die.
* Following Waves: Each additional wave spawns 30 seconds after the 2nd spirit has been killed each round. So you should focus on killing the 2nd add mob of the round during this time. You have very little to no time to relax between kills. Each wave will again spawn 2 mobs and 1 spirit.
* Named: The only named I noticed, was a named version of the Spirit of Suffocation. Please take note that these named are Invisible and have no model, you can only see their name. So be prepared for this.
* Boss: The boss will spawn as soon as the 8th Spirit of Suffocation has been killed. You may still have a mob on ice during this time, but focus on the boss. The boss is still rather easy like the Trial of Lashing boss. I didn't notice any AE from this boss. All bosses seem to double max for 720, but rarely hit their max (with the exception of Execution boss).

Trial of Stoning
I have not performed this trial, so I will not attempt to explain it. Yet.

Trial of Torture
I have not performed this trial, so I will not attempt to explain it. Yet.

Trial of Flame
General Description: This trial is by far the most difficult trial over any other. You are instructed to prevent the mobs from getting to the center and with good reason. There is no failure trigger in this trial other then Death, atleast that I have noted.

Whenever a mob reaches the center, it sets off a AE of some sort. Very common is the Dot effect called Flame Wind (I think). Which is a 300 dmg per tick dot. And generally, it hurts.

Other types of AE's go off, but I resisted most with decent FR. One for example is Deathly Fire which is a 500 dmg AE. I've had trouble narrowing down exactly which is which and where they come from. But I am for certain one of these AE's is triggered by a mob reaching the Center. I believe it's the 300 dmg/tick dot, but not entirely sure yet.

There are 2 types of mobs I've noted in this trial. 1 is a human type which is called Spirit of Flame, these mobs are mezzable, but unrootable. The other type is a Imp Type mob which is unmezzable but is rootable. They have fairly high MR so even greater fetter isn't the easiest thign to land on them.

The trial is in a Small Round room and each mob spawns in a 4 point circle around the room and moves to the center slowly. There isn't much room between their spawnpoint and the center pillar, so you don't have much time to stop them. So it's very hard to prevent them.

We've yet to nail down exactly how to deal with this trial, but dps seems very key as well. There is no trigger for the next round, it just seems to be on a time limit between waves.

And I'm assuming if you live long enough the boss spawns. We were able to make it to the 3rd wave but the cleric was oom and we were hurting.

Suggestions, I'm thinking different people stand at the spawn points and get aggro as quickly as possible. Root the mob if it's an imp, otherwise have the chanter mez it. Kill the imp's first. Have high MR and if you can avoid letting the mobs get to the center, and are able to kill quickly. You might make it through the trial.

Sarago
novelist

Forest Stalker

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2003, 11:00:27 »

i'm always willing to try new and exciting stuff Smiley

Honeylove
90 Disc/Shadowpriest
World of Warcraft EU/Killrog
------------------------
Achilles
18 Ranger
VanGuard
------------------------
Saraga
70 Dirge
Everquest 2
------------------------
Sarago
203/7 Soldier
Anarchy Onli
Kaarmekieli
writer of chronicles

Silmä silmästä!

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2003, 12:02:27 »

Imho we should practise one trial so that we can flag every member near 60s to PoS and PoV.  

...and Executioner is probably it.

But Lashing sounds "doable" too

~ Currently active in WoW/Ravencrest as Murha
Moonlhasa
novelist

/corpse

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2003, 16:06:19 »

Imho we should practise one trial so that we can flag every member near 60s to PoS and PoV.  

...and Executioner is probably it.

/agree Kaarmekieli

Before we make other trials that, for what i saw are much more difficult than Exe, would be more useful that we focus on Exe and get the flag to everyone who is in a proper level.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2003, 11:27:51 by Moonlhasa » Logged
Sarago
novelist

Forest Stalker

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2003, 17:58:43 »

make one day next week for trials..

may i suggest this grp..
me lele castaa(or moon) inyahin dalt  + "person to be flagged"

+ UBER karme and lumo buffs . Grin

Honeylove
90 Disc/Shadowpriest
World of Warcraft EU/Killrog
------------------------
Achilles
18 Ranger
VanGuard
------------------------
Saraga
70 Dirge
Everquest 2
------------------------
Sarago
203/7 Soldier
Anarchy Onli
Castaa
novelist

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2003, 00:53:52 »

Worrying about everyone getting their PoV flag is kind of waste until they actually reach 63 or 64.  Unless you are a chanter, shaman or cleric, most don't find pickup groups until 64 or 65.

I'm talking about getting all 6 runes from the 6 trials!

Edit:  I've tried the Exec trail with many different types of groups.  From my experiences, I will not even try the trials without an AE group.  It's by far the easiest way.

This would require the following people from the guild:
Finno (or another good tank)
Castaa or Lahna or Spooner (pick two wizards, w/ mod rods, they help a lot)
Ielenya
Lumooja
6th group member that needs a flag
« Last Edit: January 11, 2003, 01:55:34 by Castaa » Logged

Ielenya
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2003, 03:32:48 »

How do you get around the level cap for stun on some of the mob?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length