Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. August 13, 2020, 19:01:32 EET 
Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register

+  VETURI Guildhouse.net's Message boards
|-+  The History: mostly inactive
| |-+  EverQuest Talk (Moderator: Tirrimuna)
| | |-+  OMG EQ nerfed to death!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: OMG EQ nerfed to death!  (Read 2074 times)
Canardian
writer of chronicles

Fire Mage

« on: February 24, 2003, 17:32:19 »

From today's patch message:

The horse buff icon will no longer show up for characters using non-Luclin models.

In other words: Horses are totally useless now, except for travelling speed of the AA skill horses for Paladins and Shadowknights. Without horse icon, I can't know if my horse is up, unless I take 30 mins to measure the mana regen, or sit down and see if pumas aggro me. Time to sell my horse then.

Removed the ability for PCs to bind in the upper tier Planes of Power zones. Binding is allowed in Plane of Knowledge and Plane of Tranquility.

Fuck, now we can't do Auliffe and Eindride anymore. We will need a huge raid force of 24+ ppl.

-LOTRO - Vigg - 16 Dwarf Guardian, EVE - Imperaattori - Raven / Lvl 4 mis, WoW - Lumooja - 70 UD Mage (Fire Spec), WoW - Hoitsu 42 UD Priest (Holy Spec), Saalistaja - 30 Orc Hunter (Beast Spec), EQ - Lumooja - 70 Enc, EQ - Papitar - 56 Clr, EQ2 - Lumooja - 20 Wiz, SWG - Lumooja - Bounty Hunter, AO - Robotti - 86 Eng, AO - Hoitsu - 110 Doctor, DAoC - Lumooja - 12 RM
Zillia
novelist

Velium!

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2003, 18:08:19 »

Ugh!
Spooner
novelist

You have slain Jagg!

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2003, 18:35:18 »

To the glue factory, Sunstrike!  Away!  Ki-yaaaa!

Ielenya
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2003, 19:48:07 »

I'm still bound by auliff..i wonder if m bind has been moved.

Also, the charm message wasnt a nerf..

In a previous update, we added a message when a person recasts a charm spell on their charmed pet. Recasting charm on an existing pet did not actually re-charm the pet, it just failed silently and appeared to succeed. The new message is now displayed intentionally in these cases. This is not a bug.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2003, 19:55:57 by Ielenya » Logged
Sarago
novelist

Forest Stalker

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2003, 20:28:30 »

Well i had a feeling it was only a matter of time before they nerfed the bind thing.. i mean those bosses were never meant to be that easy Smiley..

we can still do it tho.. just go up with 2 clerics.. log one off.. and charm.. most of the time with malo charms last over 5 minutes (hopefully they didn't change that too) -- which means dead boss Smiley
and hopefully soon we have ciron and sisevski with COD also.. = very easy kill Smiley

Honeylove
90 Disc/Shadowpriest
World of Warcraft EU/Killrog
------------------------
Achilles
18 Ranger
VanGuard
------------------------
Saraga
70 Dirge
Everquest 2
------------------------
Sarago
203/7 Soldier
Anarchy Onli
Finno
board n00b

One good lookin halfling

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2003, 21:11:08 »

hmm that bind nerf really sucks.. no more easy farmage  Cry

As Sarago said we still can do it though, just need to park Dalt up there for rezzes if charms break to early and keep trying till we do it, we have bet auliffe/eindride without any charm breaks with malo so we still can do it :/ just need to be lucky.

Veteran Finno Lionheart
65 Overlord of Veturi
{MAGELO}
Stting
poemist

Beware that in slaying monsters u do not become 1

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2003, 13:35:57 »

Anyone know the name of the NPC I hand my White Rope Bridle to? I know I'll take about a 2K hit once I sell my 'Heavy bag of platinum' but it's better than nothing Sad

On a better note though....does this mean people like myself will be able to join you in BoT now that they've relaxed the need for every member of the party to be flagged?

Stting
61 Hierophant
Veturi
Warder of Tunare
Protector of the Weak
Master of the Rings
--------------------------------------------------
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length