Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. August 25, 2019, 04:16:51 EET 
Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register

+  VETURI Guildhouse.net's Message boards
|-+  The History: mostly inactive
| |-+  EverQuest Talk (Moderator: Tirrimuna)
| | |-+  An interesting new quest.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: An interesting new quest.  (Read 3087 times)
Spooner
novelist

You have slain Jagg!

« on: November 08, 2002, 06:09:42 »

I was strolling around Toxxulia Forest today, when I encountered an interesting new NPC.  His name was Spooner, an erudite... conned even at 60, and was indifferent.  Well, I didn't take the risk of trying to kill him, and instead hailed him in hopes of discovering an interesting and fun new quest!*  Well, I wasn't disappointed -- and included is the entire quest log.  I hope all of you will take part in this crazy new quest with me!

You say, 'Hail, Spooner'

Spooner says, 'Greetings, young Erudite!  What brings you to this beautiful forest?  It's not often I get visitors around here.  Most of the people I stumble upon these days are simply lost and trying to find their way to the wizard spires.  However, as a young man, some of my best days were spent here, happily [fishing] away.'

You say, 'What fishing?'

<No Response>

You say, 'I'm here for the fishing.'

Spooner says, 'Ah, here for the fishing, eh?  You truly remind me of a young me.  Alas, these are different times.  I haven't time for fishing any longer -- there's too much on my mind.  I'm afraid my [friends] are growing untrustworthy of me.'

You say, 'What friends?'

Spooner sighs and fondles an ornate golden ring on his right finger.  'It wasn't too long ago that I discovered a fascinating race of beings.  Created by Atrebe Sathir, the eldest son of Rile himself, these beings have fled from subservience at the hands of the cruel Iksar and have amassed quite an army, spanning the entire continent of Kunark.  I discovered that the Sarnaks, as they called themselves, had created quite an impressive stronghold by the name of [Chardok.]'

You say, 'What is Chardok?'

Spooner says, 'Chardok is the magnificent home the Sarnak have created for themselves, just off of the Burning Wood.  One day, I used my magics of non-detection to infiltrate this mighty fortress, and what I [found inside] was amazing indeed.

You say, 'What did you find inside?'

Spooner says, 'It seems as though many of the Sarnak have embraced the art of wizardry!  Finding too few wizards amongst the ranks of Veturi, I decided to make this my new home.  Of course, making the Sarnak [trust me] was no simple matter.

You say, 'How did you make the Sarnak trust you?'

Spooner says, 'After a bit of interregation of one of the weaker members of the Sarnak community, Herald Telcha, I discovered an interesting fact.  Over the years, the Sarnaks have become mortal enemies of the Goblins of Mountain Death.  Arming myself with this new knowledge (and a couple of ice comets), I made my way to Droga.  There, I laid waste to the entire city, bringing back countless [items] as proof of the havoc I wreaked there that day.

You say, 'What items?'

Spooner says, 'The flayed skins of the green goblins of Droga, as well as the Mt. Death Mineral Salts they were so fond of, were sufficient proof to the Sarnak that I had, indeed, laid waste to their mortal enemies.  After what seemed an eternity, the Sarnaks slowly began to trust me and accepted me as part of their society.  And I, in turn, was in heaven!  Wizards walked the halls in peace, and were appreciated -- nobody asked me for a TL!  I also enjoyed the culinary delights that the Sarnaks were so fond of, especially the Deep Cavern Toadstools and Louie's Thick and Hearty native to Chardok.  I took a room in the royal palace, among such company as Prince Selrach Di`zok and Overking Bathezid.  Truly, I had found kindred spirits in the Sarnak.  However, [greed] soon overtook me, and I fear I did some horrible, evil acts which I'm not at all proud of.'

You say, 'What greed?'

Spooner says, 'One day, as I strolled around Chardok, I noticed a young Sarnak holding what appeared to be a magically enchanted staff.  Try as I might, I simply couldn't convince the Sarnak to part with it -- no amount of coin could part him from his beloved artifact.  Unbeknownst to him, a darkness overtook my soul at that point in time -- I had made up my mind to get that staff and nothing would stray me from the path I had chosen.  I followed the Sarnak around secretly, and then one day, as he left Haggle Baron Dry`dn's shop, I killed the poor, unsuspecting being, and stole his staff.  What [came next] is even more shocking.'

You say, 'What came next?'

Spooner says, 'Bristlebane be damned, it was all too easy.  After having stolen the staff, I just couldn't stop -- any Sarnak who had the misfortune of displaying a magical item in public was a target.  And after countless murders, the Sarnak began to suspect me.  This is where my situation currently stands -- I need some way of proving my allegiance to the Sarnak again.  If you could do a [small task] for me, I'd only be too happy to part with some of this ill-gotten fortune.'

You say, 'What task?'

Spooner says, 'I'm going to have to prove to the Sarnak that they can trust me, and the only way I know how is to prove to them that I'm an ally of them.  If you'd bring me a Green Goblin Skin and some Mt. Death Mineral Salts to give to the Sarnak, as well as some Grinning Goblin Brew to drown my troubles, I'd [make it worth your while.]

You say, 'How would you make it worth my while?'

Spooner says, 'If you return these three items to me, I'd be happy to give you a lottery ticket.  At some point in the future, I'll be holding a draw for all who helped me rebuild my allegiance with the Sarnak.  The grand prize will be 10,000 platinum pieces.  Second prize will be 5,000 platinum pieces.  Third prize will be 2,500 platinum pieces.  And there will be five more mini prizes of 500 platinum pieces each.  Good luck and happy hunting to you all!'

*Okay, I was talking to myself.  Roll Eyes

Okay, it's time for a nice, fun lottery!  Here's what you do -- go to Droga, do some killing, and get yourself a couple of Green Goblin Skins, Goblin Brews, and Salts.  Give me 1 skin, 1 brew, and 1 salt per ticket, and I'll write your name on a list next to a number.

When the time has come, I'll do a /ran 0 x, where x is the number of tickets I recieved.  I'll post the entire listing of ticket numbers on this forum before I make the draw.  The number that the RNG returns will be the number of the ticket, and whoever owns that ticket will win 10,000pp!  We'll repeat that 7 more times for the 2nd, 3rd, and mini-prizes.  It should be pretty fun.

Invite all your friends and enemies to participate!  Everyone is welcome.  Let's all show the Sarnak that we care!  Or, at least, Spooner does!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2002, 07:43:24 by Spooner » Logged

Tirrimuna
writer of chronicles

Respect my authoritha!

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2002, 07:11:33 »

Smiley

VI should hire you.

<EQ: Retired> <EQ2: Retired> <WoW: Retired> <EVE: Retired> <RL: Active>
Where do you want to wipe today?
Zalg
poemist

The future isn't what it used to be..

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2002, 11:33:00 »

Great Spooner!..  Smiley
Stting
poemist

Beware that in slaying monsters u do not become 1

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2002, 18:41:31 »

Excellent Quest Spooner, sorry, can't speak for long I'm off to fry some gobbies......

* Stting runs off singing "I've got a golden ticket, I've got a golden ticket" Smiley

Stting
61 Hierophant
Veturi
Warder of Tunare
Protector of the Weak
Master of the Rings
--------------------------------------------------
Miffli
novelist

Sarnaks and Beers!!

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2002, 02:08:21 »

Bah!
Death to all Sarnaks  Grin

Miffli Pyttedverg
Retired Slacker dorf on AB
"Slayer of beercans, Sarnak cuddler"
Retired Undead Warlock Miffli
Retired Undead Priest Muffler on Shadowsong
Tirrimuna
writer of chronicles

Respect my authoritha!

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2002, 11:26:47 »

Sarnaks and beer!!!!

Spooner
novelist

You have slain Jagg!

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2002, 08:53:51 »

Spooner's super cool lottery has been cancelled for the time being due to lack of interest!   Undecided
You guys have no sense of fun!

Tirrimuna
writer of chronicles

Respect my authoritha!

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2002, 08:58:13 »

Spooner's super cool lottery has been cancelled for the time being due to lack of interest!   Undecided
You guys have no sense of fun!

Ack =( I had my money on Stting!

Spooner
novelist

You have slain Jagg!

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2002, 09:18:08 »

Me too, to tell the truth.
But a wizard like myself couldn't have a druid winning the grand prize, could he?   Grin

Tirrimuna
writer of chronicles

Respect my authoritha!

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2002, 10:20:09 »

Me too, to tell the truth.
But a wizard like myself couldn't have a druid winning the grand prize, could he?   Grin

You were going to give all the druids blank tickets weren't you!!!

Stting
poemist

Beware that in slaying monsters u do not become 1

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2002, 13:20:16 »

Embarrassed

I'm terribly sorry Master Spooner but according to the Lotteries and Gaming Commision - Sec 43 para 287 line 726

"Any Lottery started by a wizard *must* be honoured in *FULL* to those that wanted to play"

And looking at the replies to the original quest/lottery....gosh I think that means *ME*

SO HAND IT OVER YA DRESS WEARING SCROOGE  Tongue

Grin  Grin  Grin

Stting
61 Hierophant
Veturi
Warder of Tunare
Protector of the Weak
Master of the Rings
--------------------------------------------------
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: