Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 19, 2019, 10:50:46 EET 
Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register

+  VETURI Guildhouse.net's Message boards
|-+  The History: mostly inactive
| |-+  EverQuest Talk (Moderator: Tirrimuna)
| | |-+  A Wizard's Life
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A Wizard's Life  (Read 2044 times)
Klistan
novelist

Lemon Curry?

« on: May 15, 2003, 10:07:50 »

Hey, I was fooling around with stats and I really wanted more of a graphical way to see how effective I was with damage spells 60+

These charts only take into account base stats, no criticals, mana regens or anything like that.  I also don't have ALL of my spells yet, so some of these are just potential.  Winds of Gelid the clear loser here and Ancient Destruction of Ice a clear winner if we add the E'Ci focus modifier spell buff (lvl 64?)of 30% more damage from ice spells 60+.

Here is Damage vs DPS
Here is Straight Damage
Here is Mana Efficiency

Interesting to note that Strike of Solusek isn't all it's cracked up to be. The damage output is not that impressive versus other spells.  This ratio pertains to all wizards, no matter what your mana pool is.

Enjoy.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2003, 10:14:37 by Klistan » Logged

Klistan's Skills | 200 Fletching | 197 Baking | 191 Jewelcraft | 175 Brewing | 164 Pottery | 165 Tailoring | 118 Spell Research | 175 Smithing | 119 Fishing |
MAGELO PROFILE   ALLAKHAZAM PROFILE
Canardian
writer of chronicles

Fire Mage

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2003, 10:27:10 »

Has anyone found out which items have the Wrath of Ro, Wrath of E'Ci and Wrath of Druzzil focus effects (35% damage increase) ?
I'm looking for any Wrath items for my wizzy Smiley
Check out http://www.bjornstar.com/ for a list of available wizard damage focus effects.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2003, 10:27:29 by Lumooja » Logged

-LOTRO - Vigg - 16 Dwarf Guardian, EVE - Imperaattori - Raven / Lvl 4 mis, WoW - Lumooja - 70 UD Mage (Fire Spec), WoW - Hoitsu 42 UD Priest (Holy Spec), Saalistaja - 30 Orc Hunter (Beast Spec), EQ - Lumooja - 70 Enc, EQ - Papitar - 56 Clr, EQ2 - Lumooja - 20 Wiz, SWG - Lumooja - Bounty Hunter, AO - Robotti - 86 Eng, AO - Hoitsu - 110 Doctor, DAoC - Lumooja - 12 RM
Spooner
novelist

You have slain Jagg!

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2003, 18:02:40 »

It shouldn't come as any suprise that the focused 60 ice spells using Iceflame of E`ci own, because they do.  But one thing you've gotta keep in mind is that rains FUCKING SUCK.  Ever landed a rain in which all waves hit?  I dunno, maybe the lure rain is good, but I have it, and I haven't fucked around it, because I hate rains.  And since Vulak Ring is outta our league for now, Strike of Solusek is still pretty neat.  Besides, I'm just here for the big crits.

Klistan
novelist

Lemon Curry?

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2003, 02:22:37 »

Actually Spooner, I've had pretty good luck with Tears.

Even if 1 is resisted it's still worth the mana.  Once in a great while I get an all 3 resist, but not very often.

What I do is first flux the bstrd mob to bring down its fire and ice resists by 6(increases chance tears will land more)
Then I fire of a tears
Then I fire off a draught of ro that will land within the tears cast.

Best Result is:
Mob is hit by tears of ro 750
Mob is it by draught of ro 950

Totalling 3200hp (not counting the occassional crit)

3200hp with a mana spend of 650 mana and a DPS of around 500 aint too shabby.  You're right, tears can be resisted a lot more, but I'm finding lots of success by fluxing the mob first.

Klistan's Skills | 200 Fletching | 197 Baking | 191 Jewelcraft | 175 Brewing | 164 Pottery | 165 Tailoring | 118 Spell Research | 175 Smithing | 119 Fishing |
MAGELO PROFILE   ALLAKHAZAM PROFILE
Canardian
writer of chronicles

Fire Mage

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2003, 08:54:19 »

Besides, I'm just here for the big crits.
Aye, big crits are a direct indicator of the wizard's dicksize!
I want my wiz to make big crits too, nothing else matters Smiley

-LOTRO - Vigg - 16 Dwarf Guardian, EVE - Imperaattori - Raven / Lvl 4 mis, WoW - Lumooja - 70 UD Mage (Fire Spec), WoW - Hoitsu 42 UD Priest (Holy Spec), Saalistaja - 30 Orc Hunter (Beast Spec), EQ - Lumooja - 70 Enc, EQ - Papitar - 56 Clr, EQ2 - Lumooja - 20 Wiz, SWG - Lumooja - Bounty Hunter, AO - Robotti - 86 Eng, AO - Hoitsu - 110 Doctor, DAoC - Lumooja - 12 RM
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length